- This event has passed.
Mini Chef 1
June 5 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmR2800
This versatile course teaches basic fundamental cooking skills and is for everyone!
We show you how to be inventive with daily meals and when catering for guests.
Perfect for home cooks, B&B owners, family’s or couples who want to cook together, students, beginners and in fact anyone who wants to add to their repertoire.
This course will give you confidence when trying out similar recipes and is a perfect runner up to our Confident Cooks course.
In each lesson we prepare 4 courses covering the following:
- Bread making such as focaccia, pizza, rolls, loaves, stuffed breads, rolls, pita and naan bread.
- Pastries – how to use Phyllo, puff, making baked spring rolls, pies, etc.
- Sauces – complex sauces, basic sauces and salad dressings.
- Beef – the perfect steak – how to prepare and present fillet steak to perfection.
- Chicken – versatile dishes for everyday cooking or entertaining.
- Pork (or substitute) – perfectly lean meat which is easy, economical and versatile.
- Pasta – easy, perfect and versatile.
- Fish – the perfection of fresh fish.
- Knife skills – chopping and cutting.
- Sharing information and skills.
- Practical application.
4 people are attending Mini Chef 1