- This event has passed.
Mini Chef 2
June 12 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This versatile course teaches basic fundamental cooking skills.
We show you how to be inventive with daily meals and when catering for guests. Perfect for home cooks, B&B owners, family’s or couples who want to cook together, students, beginners and in fact anyone who wants to add to their repertoire.
This course is a perfect runner up to the Confident Cooks course.
In each lesson we prepare 4 courses covering the following:
- Bread making such as focaccia, pizza, rolls, loaves, stuffed breads, rolls, pita and naan bread.
- Pastries – how to use Phyllo, puff, making baked spring rolls, pies, etc.
- Sauces – complex sauces, basic sauces and salad dressings.
- Beef – the perfect steak – how to prepare and present fillet steak to perfection.
- Chicken – versatile dishes for everyday cooking or entertaining.
- Pork (or substitute meat) – perfectly lean meat which is easy, economical and versatile.
- Pasta – easy, perfect and versatile.
- Fish – the perfection of fresh fish.
- Knife skills – chopping and cutting.
- Sharing information and skills.
- Practical application.