Terms and Conditions
By booking for an event or class, it is understood that all individuals, group organisers, booking agents or persons responsible for booking classes or events have read and explained these Terms and Conditions to all participants and that participants have accepted and fully understood these Terms and Conditions.
- Dates are booked on a first-come, first served basis and may be reserved for 48 hours before payment is required. To confirm a date a 30% non-refundable deposit is required. Payment in full is required 10 days before the event.
- On cancellation of an event, the deposit will be forfeited to offset the loss of income should we not be able to resale that day and time slot.
- Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of confirmation of payment with the relevant references.
- We will try to accommodate event date changes if possible, however, once an event is paid for, cancellations are non-refundable 30 days before the date of the event.
- Should Gecko Culinary Adventures cancel or change an advertised class or event for an unforeseen reason, you may choose to be refunded in full or to attend another class.
- We accommodate a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 120 participants, depending on the event. No refunds will be made for a decrease in numbers 10 days before the event.
- We host 2 sessions of approximately 3 – 3½ hours a day.
- All food is cooked fresh from scratch, so from arrival, it takes about 1 ½ – 2 hours before the first course is ready, therefore times are as follows:
Lunch session : Arrive 10h00; start cooking at 10h30 end latest 14h00
Dinner session : Arrive 17h30; start cooking at 18h00 and end 21h30
- Depending on our bookings, we may be able to accommodate different starting times.
- Without exception, evening events start at 18h00 sharp, and latecomers will be slotted in when they arrive.
- We supply all ingredients, recipes, equipment, utensils and the use of aprons whilst cooking.
- We are able to organise high quality personalised/branded aprons with a lead of time of about 3 weeks.
- We cater for vegetarian and halaal participants. We will try to accommodate special dietary requirements and allergies as far as possible which may attract additional charges. In Thai and Asian dishes, fish sauce flavouring, cannot be substituted.
- Agreed or advertised classes or event content and menus are dependent on the availability of ingredients and so may be changed or substituted at any time without notice.
- No BYO - we operate on licensed premises so no alcohol or any beverages of any kind may be brought in.
- Gecko Culinary Adventures and its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries, illness, theft or other mishaps that may occur while on the premises.
- The booking agent, group organizer or individual will be held liable for costs arising from damages caused to property and equipment due to negligence on the part of unruly participants.
- For safety reasons anyone wearing high heels or stilettos will not be allowed to participate. Bare feet are also not allowed. Comfortable, flat, closed shoes are preferable.
- It is compulsory to sign our Indemnity Form when entering the premises and prior to participating in any class or event, even as a spectator.
- We caution against the consumption of alcohol during our events. All guests consume alcohol at their own risk. We cook with gas stoves and work with sharp knives, so we need to ensure that participants are in full control of their actions at all times. Participants that are unruly or deemed to be consuming excessive alcohol will be asked to terminate their participation in the class or event.
- For safety and public liability reasons, children under the age of 10 are not allowed in the venue during an event or cooking class. All children under the age of 12 attending classes must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Our kitchen is not suitable for young children. We host 2 hour cooking classes for kids aged 10 years and up.
- Your details will be added to our database in order to receive our newsletter from time to time. You can unsubscribe from it at any time.
- We undertake not to sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties.
- Should personal information be exposed to any third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, they must protect personal information to the same extent as Gecko Culinary Adventures and shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.