Gecko Culinary Adventures Terms and Conditions
By booking for an event or class, it is understood that all individuals, group organisers, booking agents or persons responsible for booking classes or events have read and explained these Terms and Conditions to all participants and that participants have accepted and fully understood these Terms and Conditions.
- Gecko Culinary Adventures and its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries, illness, theft or other mishaps that may occur while on the premises.
- The booking agent, group organizer or individual will be held liable for costs arising from damages caused to property and equipment due to negligence on the part of unruly participants.
- Dates and classes are booked on a first-come, first-served basis and are reserved for 48 hours only. To confirm a date we require a 50% non-refundable deposit or full payment. Payment in full is required 21 days before the event/class.
- Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of confirmation of payment with the relevant references.
- We will try to accommodate event date changes if possible, however cancellations by individuals or groups are non-refundable 21 days before the date of the booked class or event.
- Should Gecko Culinary Adventures cancel or change an advertised class or event, you may choose to be refunded or to attend another class.
- Due to municipal bylaws, the venue closes at 21h30. Unless otherwise agreed, cooking classes and events, including eating the food prepared, run for approximately 3 to 3 ½ hours. Without exception, evening classes /events start at 18h00 sharp, so late comers will be slotted in when they arrive.
- For safety reasons anyone wearing high heels or stilettos will not be allowed to participate. Bare feet are also not allowed. Comfortable, flat, closed shoes are preferable.
- It is compulsory to sign our Indemnity Form when entering the premises and prior to participating in any class or event, even as a spectator. Your details will be added to our data base in order to receive our newsletter from time to time. You can unsubscribe from it at anytime. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
- For safety and public liability reasons, children under the age of 10 are not allowed in the venue during an event or cooking class. All children under the age of 18 attending classes must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Our kitchen is not suitable for young children. We host 2 hour cooking classes for kids aged 10 years and up.
- We supply all ingredients, recipes, the use of aprons whilst cooking and reasonable breakages / wear and tear.
- We cater for vegetarian and halaal participants. We will try to accommodate special dietary requirements, allergies and halaal ingredients as far as possible which may attract additional charges. In Thai and Asian dishes, fish sauce flavouring, cannot be substituted.
- Agreed/advertised classes or event content and menus are dependent on availability of ingredients and so may be changed or substituted at any time.
- We caution against consumption of alcohol during our events. All guests consume alcohol at their own risk. Due to licensing laws, spirits are not allowed on the premises. We cook with gas stoves and work with sharp knives, so we need to ensure that participants are in full control of their actions at all times. Participants that are unruly or deemed to be consuming excessive alcohol will be asked to terminate their participation in the class or event.
- Specified refreshment requests can be accommodated, or you can bring your own beer and wine. There are limited fridge facilities for chilling drinks, so large groups should bring a storage container and ice to chill drinks.
FOR TEAM BUILDING / GROUP COOKING EVENTS:
- Date changes of confirmed bookings will be accommodated where possible, however no refunds will be considered.
- We accommodate a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 50 participants, depending on the event. No refunds will be made for a decrease in numbers 10 days before the event; we are able to accommodate an increase in numbers up to 2 days before an event.
- We host 2 sessions of approximately 3 – 3½ hours a day and the venue opens half an hour before an event.
- All food is cooked fresh from scratch, so from arrival it takes about 1 ½ – 2 hours before the first course is ready, therefore times are as follows:
Lunch session : Arrive 10h00; start cooking at 10h30 end latest 14h00
Dinner session : Arrive 17h30; start cooking at 18h00 and end 21h30
Depending on our bookings, we may be able to accommodate different starting times.
Without exception, evening events start at 18h00 sharp, and late comers will be slotted in when they arrive.
- We supply all ingredients, recipes, equipment, utensils and the use of aprons whilst cooking. We are able to organise high quality personalised/branded aprons with a lead of time of about 3 weeks.